Monday, June 6, 2011

Divergent - Veronica Roth

Di-ver-gent adj: 
1. differing; deviating 
2. pertaining to or causing divergence 
3. (Of mathematical expression) having no finite limits. 
All three describe Beatrice Prior. So what is she to do with herself when it comes time to chose which faction she will be in. Should she stay with her parents in the selfless people of Abnegation? Join the honest souls in Candor? Perhaps the peaceful of Amity or the knowledge hungry group of Erudite or the brave and daring Dauntless. For whichever she chooses will define her, and be her faction...for life.

That is just the beginning. This book, is a page turner by every sense of the word. When you are not reading you are thinking about it. Beatrice renames herself Tris (which I like better) and she meets some great and not so great friends in her new faction. Its hard to know who is friend and who is foe...I cheered her on, I cried with her, I was angry with her. I absolutely can not say enough about this book. I think fans of Hunger Games will enjoy this. I think anyone who likes dystopian books will like it. I think any one who can string words to form a sentence will enjoy it. Seriously. Great. Book. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the books, which as of this writing I haven't found information for. Keeping fingers crossed its not years from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment