Friday, June 17, 2011

Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick

I didn't want to like this book. Two reasons, A) I knew it was part of a series and B) I am trying to read more "adult books". But hey, I have a weakness and its Young Adult fiction. So be it.

This book has a lot of the same underling themes that a lot of young adult fantasy novels have. Girl meets boy, boy ends up being...not quite human, girl and boy must fight evil, and their ever growing attraction for each other. The End.

Except that as always you fall for the characters and get wrapped up in their world. Nora is an average high school student who spends most of her time studying or with her friend Vee. When the Biology teacher decides to shake things up a bit and rearrange the seating chart, Nora gets paired with Patch. A transfer student who hasn't said boo to anyone. Between her growing attracting, and her underlying fear of him, she tries to find out everything she can. Unfortunately, his past is mystery and he has a hard time answering questions. Of course, there is the dark stranger hell bent on killing her...or driving her crazy. Is the stranger Patch? Or something more sinister.

I enjoyed this book, I am kind of looking forward to the sequel even though I didn't see a need for one. I think now that we have gotten over the wizards and the vampires, fallen angels might be the next "thing".

Enjoy Hush, Hush for what it is...a good fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment