Sunday, January 2, 2011

Exodus - Julie Bertagna

There is no way I will be able to sell this book enough.  You have to read it. The character's will stay with me for life. As will the world that she created. It is has beautiful and horrifying descriptions of our world not to far in the future.

In the future, due to global warming, the world floods. All land masses are underwater. While the world was flooding, people built sky worlds, huge towers high above the ground. Mara, lives on one of the last remaining islands, somewhere in Scotland. But the island is flooding and its up to her to save her people.

The story tells of hope, and despair. Of the strength that people have to do what is needed even when they don't believe in themselves. This was beautiful and I am so glad I found it. It has a sequel, Zenith, that I am looking forward to starting!
A+ In my book.

1 comment: