Monday, November 7, 2011

The Forgotten Garden - Kate Morton




This was a tough book for me to read and finish. It was a challenge, but I am so glad I stuck through it and finished it.

This book follows a family of women and a secrete that was kept for years. Nell finds out on her 21st birthday that she isn't who she thought she was. She is in fact, adopted. Sort of. Her father, Hugh, thought he was doing right by telling her, but he sets into action her undying quest to find out who her real birth parents are, why they gave her up and who she really is.

She dies before she gets these answers and so passes the quest onto her granddaughter, Cassandra. Cassandra follow the clues, to England where she finds the truth, and it is even more of a mystery then she had ever imagined.

While I had a hard time reading and finishing, I really did enjoy this book. It takes place in three different eras through different perspectives. The mystery was woven like one of those nesting dolls. You think you understand, and another part unfolds. Plus...it had the added bonus of fairy tails told by one of the characters. Which I highly enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment